Germany paid its consumer to use electricity.
Germany PAYS people to use electricity: Excess energy created by wind and solar power meant consumers made a profit as prices were driven so low they went NEGATIVE
- Germany hit a new high in renewable energy production at the weekend
- It generated 87 percent of that needed thanks to sunny and windy weather
- Coal and nuclear plants unable to halt production kept selling to the grid
- This drove prices into the negative, allowing consumers to make a profit
- Germany aims to be completely reliant on renewable energy by 2050
Full articles source